SHELTON, Conn., Sept. 28, 2017 () — Schick Hydro is proud to bring the “Schick Shave Off” – the brand’s first-ever, shave video game – to New York Comic-Con from Thursday, October 5 – Sunday, October 8, 2017 at the Jacob Javits Center in New York City.
Experience the interactive Multichannel News Release here: https://www.multivu.com/players/English/8184451-schick-hydro-shave-off/
The Schick Hydro superhero – Hydrobot – is a razor designed like no other that is always challenging convention. In the recently released, limited-edition “Schick Hydrobot and the Transformers” comic book – available now in digital and animated forms – fans discovered the genesis of Hydrobot including his pursuit to help protect and defend all against irritation. Now, through the “Schick Shave Off,” Hydrobot is inviting Con-goers to aid him in his mission by giving them the tips and tools to go head-to-head with fellow fans in a virtual shave game that’s out of this world.
“Now that we’ve revealed Hydrobot’s backstory through our limited-edition comic book and most recently at San Diego Comic-Con through an immersive escape room – the “Schick Hydro Escape” – Hydrobot will continue his quest to help protect and defend against irritation – this time into outer space,” said Anastasia Tobias, Schick Hydro Senior Brand Manager, Edgewell Personal Care. “We can’t wait to bring Con-goers along on this next adventure at our first New York Comic-Con fan experience through the “Schick Shave Off.”
About the “Schick Shave Off”
- Using a Schick Hydro 5 controller, contenders will have five minutes to compete head-to-head in a virtual shave off by giving a series of hairy, cosmic characters displayed on screens different superhero-inspired facial hair looks.
- Fans who accept the shave off challenge will walk away with swag. Each day, a live leaderboard will track player performance. The player with the top daily score will receive a Schick Hydro “Mystery Box” filled with exclusive must-haves and fan favorites.
The “Schick Shave Off” will be available to fans at New York Comic-Con (booth 1768) from Thursday, October 5 – Sunday, October 8. Additional activities include:
- Schick Hydro 5 Lounge – The chance to relax, indulge in a complimentary, custom shave from a professional barber, take photos with the real-life Hydrobot and score exclusive swag by sharing their experience on social using #SchickShaveOff.
- Live “Schick Shave Off” Tournament – Access to watch Wesley “Wes” Johnson (@Wes_IRL), Amra “Flitz” Ricketts (@FLitz) and Damien Haas (@DamienHaas) from the popular YouTube Smosh Games crew duke it out on Friday, October 6, 2017 for the “Schick Shave Off” crown.
- VIP Access – Follow @SchickHydro on Twitter for chances to show off your cosplay, jump the “Schick Shave Off” line and take photos with Hydrobot via our daily “Cosplay Cut.”
For more information on Schick Hydro, visit www.schickhydro.com and follow @SchickHydro on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram leading up to and during #NYCC for more info about the “Schick Shave Off” and Schick Hydro 5 Lounge.
About Edgewell Personal Care
Edgewell Personal Care (NYSE: EPC) manufactures and markets a diverse range of personal care products in the wet shave, skin care, feminine care and infant care categories with well-established brand name products such as Schick® and Wilkinson Sword® men’s and women’s shaving systems and disposable razors; Edge® and Skintimate® shave preparations; Playtex®, Stayfree®, Carefree® and o.b.® feminine care products; Banana Boat® and Hawaiian Tropic® sun care products; Bulldog® skin care; Playtex® infant care products and gloves; Diaper Genie® and Litter Genie® disposal systems; and Wet Ones® moist wipes. ©2017 Edgewell.
Edelman, for Schick Hydro
SOURCE Schick Hydro
Powered by WPeMatico