Advisor Group President & CEO Jamie Price said, “We’re thrilled to launch My Succession Plan at a time when many advisors are feeling the need to start planning for a succession discussion. Whether its younger professionals capitalizing on an unprecedented opportunity to grow through acquisitions, or industry veterans seeking to transition their business in a manner that maintains their legacy and client promise while reaping the rewards of a lifetime’s work, My Succession Plan will play a vital role in addressing what many consider the single biggest challenge facing this industry.”
My Succession Plan complements the robust lineup of digital solutions coupled with human resources Advisor Group has developed to help support independent advisors at every stage of their business life-cycles. The new platform, which is being featured at Advisor Group’s annual ConnectED conference in Orlando, FL, provides a one-stop resource for independent advisors looking to either buy or sell a practice, or just create a responsible continuity plan.
Key features of My Succession Plan include:
- Maximum Choice and Flexibility in Sourcing Transactions Across Different Firms and Platforms: My Succession Plan helps advisors seeking to merge, acquire or sell all or a portion of their business to easily source and connect with potential partners across the Advisor Group Network. In addition, the program will enable Advisor Group-affiliated financial advisors to identify succession planning-based acquisition opportunities of non-Advisor Group affiliated firms who are looking to create or execute a succession strategy.
- Industry-Leading Valuation and Data Analysis: Through a partnership with Truelytics, an industry leader in business intelligence metrics, all members of My Succession Plan will be able to complete a sophisticated, online valuation model and obtain a fair market estimate of the value of their business.
- Advanced Digital Sorting and Filtering Capabilities: My Succession Plan enables buyers and sellers to identify potential partners, and to sort and filter these candidates according to a range of factors, including total revenue and revenue make-up, client assets under management, number of households, location, service offerings, etc. Users can register as either a buyer or seller (partial, all or continuity partner) and confidentially request to connect with suitable candidates to reveal additional details and begin offline discussions.
- Zero Success Fees on Transactions and access to financing: Unlike many similar platforms, members are not charged a closing fee for successful transactions made through My Succession Plan. Additionally, financing assistance is available through Live Oak Bank.
- Expert Support from Dedicated My Succession Plan Consulting Team: The platform’s consulting team, led by Advisor Group’s Senior Vice President of Succession & Acquisition, Todd Fulks, JD, have assisted hundreds of advisors in developing and executing successful succession plans. In addition to working 1:1 with Advisor Group advisors in this program, the platform’s consulting group also quarterbacks introductions to external professionals with experience in other key areas essential to implementing a successful succession plan.
- Specialized Resources and Guidance: My Succession Plan incorporates a suite of informational resources – including sample deal structures, valuation models, template contracts and other documents, case studies, financing options and more, to help advisors through every step of the process.
Todd Fulks, Advisor Group Senior Vice President of Succession & Acquisition, said, “Buyers and sellers of independent advisor practices continue to site finding the right partner as the most difficult aspect of a deal. Through this new offering, we’ve addressed this challenge leveraging our expertise in succession planning and created a platform that meets an increasingly important need in our industry.”
My Succession Plan is available to advisors within the Advisor Group network for a membership fee of $300 per year. Advisors outside of Advisor Group who are interested in finding buyers or continuity partners for their practices are also able to become members. For more information, visit MySuccessionPlan.com.
About Advisor Group
Advisor Group, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest networks of independent financial advisors serving over 5,000 advisors and overseeing approximately $190 billion in client assets. Headquartered in Phoenix, AZ, the firm is mission-driven to support the heroic role that advisors can play in the lives of their clients, offering securities and investment advisory services through its subsidiaries FSC Securities Corp., Royal Alliance Associates, Inc., SagePoint Financial, Inc. and Woodbury Financial Services, Inc, as broker/dealers, registered investment advisors and members of FINRA and SIPC. Cultivating a spirit of entrepreneurship and independence, Advisor Group champions the enduring value of financial advisors and is committed to being in their corner every step of the way.
For more information, please visit www.advisorgroup.com.
Follow Advisor Group into the Future: @AdvisorGroupBDs on Twitter #AGFutureIsNow
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/advisor-group-launches-my-succession-plan—-a-comprehensive-succession-planning-platform-300540437.html
SOURCE Advisor Group
Powered by WPeMatico